London Locations: Where, When and Why?18 Aug 2017
London is full of beautiful surprises, from the outskirts to the city centre and as the heart of the UK, we are lucky to be surrounded by such wonder.
We all know of the likes of Big Ben and the London Eye, but when visiting this beautiful city, you may want to delve a little further into its assets.
This bustling, vibrant city hosts an array of stunning locations, scenery, places to visit and things to do, so Smart City Weddings have the downlow on Art, Parks and of course Shopping. With the superb transport solutions we supply, it couldn’t be easier to visit these places in sheer comfort and style.
So, Where Should You Be in London and Why?
Art and Culture
Whether you are a master collector of art or just a wondering tourist, London is home to some of the best galleries and museums in the world. From smaller galleries which are full of hidden treasures to the bigger art holding marvels, you will certainly discover some wonders to satisfy your thirst for culture and art. Some of the popular galleries are:
- Barbican Art Gallery, Silk Street. Prices from £7-£12
- National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, FREE
- National Portrait Gallery, St Martins Place, FREE
- Royal Academy of Arts, Burlington House, Price varies dependant on exhibition
- Somerset House, The Strand, FREE
- Tate Modern, Bankside, FREE
Parks of Perfection
Some would say London’s most stunning feature is the wealth of the art, some would say the theatre, and others may say the shopping. But shining amongst all the luscious London locations are her glorious parks. You can take a break and wonder around the parks for hours, sunbathe, have a picnic, and most of all, you can kick back and relax amongst the scenery. Here are a few fabulous parks where you can do all of the above and more:
- Hyde Park; 4,000 trees, a lake, rose gardens, a meadow and the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain
- Regents Park; 410 acres, designed in 1811, rose gardens, outdoor sports facilities, open air theatre and wild bird species
- Crystal Palace Park; ponds, playgrounds, volleyball, swimming pool, athletic track and dinosaur statues
- Kensington Gardens; Albert Memorial, Peter Pan statue, an array of floral displays, picnic areas, and Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial playground
- Battersea Park; play areas, children’s zoo, riverside promenade, fountains, and boats for rent
- Richmond Park; 650 roaming free deer, 2,500 acres, cycle paths, riding stables, golf courses and power kiting
Fashionistas from all around the world will take to the streets of London to treat themselves to a spot of shopping. And there’s no wonder why. London has some of the best hot spots for you and your credit card, and from old market stalls to boutique stores, there’s something for everyone. Smart City even offer a VIP Shopping experience, so if you fancy a full-blown shopping trip, why not make a full trip of it? You deserve to treat yourself occasionally. Here are a few of our top picks to get your shop on:
- Oxford Street- In the heart of London, more than 300 shops live here, including designer outlets and landmark stores such as Selfridges and Primark. By slipping off onto a side street such as Berwick street you are sure to find some extra special treats.
- Bond Street and Mayfair- This is where the luxury shopping happens, and is the go-to place for a more extravagant shopping trip. With big names from Louis Vuitton to Tiffany & co, this is the place to splash out, and even spot the odd celebrity.
- Westfield- Westfield has two main shopping centres, White City and Stratford, both being home to some of the favourite high street names. If you want a mixture of value for money and luxury, visit here to enjoy shops from Debenhams to Jimmy Choo.
- Convent Garden- This is the shopping venture for the adventurous shopper, and is the perfect place to discover quirky streetwear, funky urban styles and cosmetics. Be sure not to miss St Martins Courtyard for a distinctive food and shopping experience.
Smart City Weddings offer exceptional services and professional chauffeurs who can take you from one end of the city to the other as you enjoy whatever you fancy. With all the knowledge regarding London you could ever need, you can sit back relax, and enjoy this city, the way it should be.
If you would like to know any more information regarding our services or cars, simply get in touch and we would be glad to answer any questions.