Top 5 Facts About 4 of Our Smart City Cars1 Nov 2017
Here at Smart City Weddings, our cars are one of our greatest assets, alongside the knowledgeable chauffeurs behind them. While travelling around in one of our superb vehicles you may not know much about the car itself, so we thought we would give you some unique facts about them.
Fact File: Rolls Royce, Bentley and Mercedes
Rolls Royce Phantom II
- The Rolls Royce Phantom was the first model introduced after the purchase of the company by BMW.
- It won Top Gear, Car of the Year Award in 2003.
- The Rolls Royce Series II (2012 – 2016) was unveiled at the 2012, Geneva Motor Show in Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong.
- A version of the Series II in a blue velvet sparkly body was unveiled in 2012 only as a test drive for selected members of the media and VIP.
- When BMW bought Rolls Royce in 1998, Volkswagen owned the rights to the famous ornament on the cars. BMW paid $40 million to add these to the Rolls Royce.
Rolls Royce Dawn
- The Rolls Royce Dawn can go from 0-62pm in 4.9 seconds.
- One half of the maker of Rolls Royce, Charles Stewart Rolls, was the first man to make a non-stop double crossing of the English Channel by plane.
- This model has a maximum speed of 155.3pmh
- The roof will fold away in 20 seconds and is almost completely silent while doing so.
- The roof can also be stowed at speeds of up to 30mph.
- The S-Class has ranked as the world’s bestselling luxury sedan.
- In the 1980s, Mercedes-Benz built the world’s first driverless cars using the S class and has said to have heavily influenced robot car research worldwide in more recent times.
- It received the top ranking in the J.D Power Sales Satisfaction Index from 1987 to 1990.
- It ranked seven times as “What Car?” Best Luxury Car, and five times as Fleet News Luxury Car of the Year.
- Road accident statistics from the UK Department for Transport shows that it is one of the safest cars on the UK roads.
Bentley Continental GT
- The Bentley Continental GT was the first car released under Volkswagen AG management after their acquisition of the company in 1998.
- It was also the first ever Bentley to employ mass production manufacturing techniques.
- Within the 6 months before delivery, Bentley Motors had already secured over 3200 deposits for the new Continental GT.
- As of 14th May 2009, Continental models were certified to have 85% recyclability.
- The first Bentley Continental GT for the North American Market was sold in the 12th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation fundraiser for $400,000.
From the classic Rolls Royce to the fabulous Bentley, we have a great range of cars for you to choose from, for a variety of occasions. Whether you want a VIP shopping trip, or you’re celebrating a special anniversary, we can provide the right car for you, no matter what the occasion.
Get in touch today to be one of our VIP passengers and try out these facts for yourself. Which car would you like to travel in?